Happy New Year and thanks for being a [NR] reader!
Thanks also to everyone who submitted tips and supported this blog!
Expect 2012 to start with a bang and may as well be Nikon's best year in terms of new product releases (D4, D800, D7000 replacement and maybe even D300s replacement). I will be at the PMA 2012 show and will have a coverage of the new Nikon products.
It has become a tradition to share some blog statistics at the end of each year (see the 2008, 2009 and 2010 posts). In 2011 NikonRumors.com broke all previous records and almost doubled the traffic from last year: 6,001,501 absolute unique visitors from 229 countries/territories generated a total of 40,435,344 pageviews! The [NR] blog now has a total of 2,119 posts with 178,483 comments. The NikonRumors Forum now has 6,656 members that created 69,384 posts in 3,198 topics.
And some social media stats: Facebook: 22,077 "likes", Twitter: 38,837 followers, 4508 g+ circles, the YouTube channel has 321,010 video views, the Flickr stream was viewed 4,566,201 times, 25,667 readers currently subscribe to the RSS feed. In 2011 I also started using Instagram and I love it!
Those were the most popular NikonRumors.com posts for 2011:
- Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Nikon D800
- The name will be Nikon D800, the sensor will be 36MP (99% probability)
- Nikon D4 specs: 16.2MP, 11 fps, 12,800 native ISO, XQD memory card
- Nikon rep: two DSLRs will be announced by the end of August
- Nikon D800 design concept camera
- Nikon V1 and J1: the new mirrorless cameras from Nikon
- Picture of Nikon’s mirrorless camera mount
- Seven 50mm prime lenses for Nikon F-mount compared by Cary Jordan
- First mockups of Nikon’s mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
- Upcoming Nikon products – all you need to know