- CES 2017: Nikon D5600 introduction to the US market.
- New Nikon 1 J6 camera announcement (possibly in early 2017). Interestingly Nikon USA is "temporarily out of inventory" on the Nikon 1 V3 camera but they are in stock at Adorama, Amazon and B&H. There have been also many new Nikkor lens patents designed for cameras with 1" sensor.
- New mirrorless camera with a larger sensor - still no firm date or any other details on this rumor.
- The Nikon DL cameras should start shipping in early 2017 after almost one year delay. Nikon recently updated their website with additional information on the DL models.
- We can expect more Nikkor tele-lenses to be refreshed with E/FL (several patents already filed). A new 300mm f/2.8 lens was specifically mentioned to me.
- New Nikon D5x in 2017 (just like the D3x from 2008), priced about 10,000 EUR/USD to compete with the new Fuji medium format mirrorless camera - I put a low probability on this rumor just because of the high price.
- A new "baby Nikon D5" camera (or as some still called it "the real D700 replacement"): same sensor as the D5, less rigid, it could be called D760.
- Nikon FX replacements - all three FX models are now due for a refresh (D610 announced October 2013, D750 announced September 2014, D810 announced June, 2014), but I just do not see Nikon doing all three of them in 2017 - Nikon tend to announce cheaper models first. I also see a possibility of merging the D610 and D750 lines - maybe into the new D760 mentioned above?
- Nikon Df replacement for the 100 years anniversary of Nikon.
If you have any other information on what's coming next from Nikon, you can contact me anonymously here.