Update: this set of specifications is fake. The name of the camera will be Nikon DF.
I feel pretty comfortable with the information I have published so far on the rumored Nikon full frame retro-styled camera. Today I received another list of specifications from a new source (take them with a grain of salt) that slightly differ from what I have already reported (different battery, LCD screen size, etc):
- Will be called Nikon D4H
- Will use EN-EL15 battery
- 3" LCD Screen
- EVF/OVF hybrid viewfinder
- Can be used with true mirror lock up for non-AI lenses while still allowing viewing through view finder.
- New hybrid mechanical shutter
- No AA filter
- No video in low power mode but otherwise it will have video (?)
- Expeed 3A processor
- Price: $3,000 for body only, $3,300 for a kit with the new 50mm f/1.8G lens
- Black, Black/Sliver and Chrome version will be available
Nikon has filed patents in the past for a hybrid viewfinder (OVF & EVF) viewfinder and this may explain why they classify the new camera as "hybrid". I am a bit troubled by the D4H name - I was expecting this to be a new product line and not an extension of the D4, but on the other hand I have been reporting for months that a new D4 camera will be announced before the Olympics. The rest of the specifications are pretty much in line with my previous reports.