The two models of the Nikon mirrorless camera will be called Nikon V1 and Nikon J1*. The mockups I posted online I believe are of the V1 model. Both bodies will be identical, except that one will have a self timer LED on the top right and different colors for the lens release button (one will be black, the other will be silver). Nikon V1 will have a built-in high resolution EVF and will come in black and white. The Nikon J1 will not have an EVF and will come in 5 colors: red, pink, grey, white and black. The rest of the specs:
- Update: I missed that one - the camera will have both phase and contrast AF detection
- ISO range: 100-3200 (with H1-6400)
- CCD sensor (not sure about that) - the whole mirrorless line will be called CX, similar to DX and FX
- Both cameras will have 2.7x crop factor
- 3 in. LCD screen
- The J1 model will have a built-in flash
- The V1 will not have a built-in flash but it will have a multi-accessory port which will support external flash and a GPS device
- There will be no traditional flash hot shoe on both models
- There will be a F-mount adapter
- Both cameras will probably be made of plastic
- Full HD movie with many additional features
- EXPEED 3 processor with 600 megapixels per second processing power
- The four mirrorless lenses are (most with choice of colors, except the 10-100mm):
- 10mm f/2.8 pancake lens
- 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens (very short and portable)
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
- 30-110mm VR
Some of the above specs could be wrong or lost in the translation.
I was told again that Nikon's mirrorless camera will have some innovations not yet seen in any other cameras. I don't know what those innovations are but let's don't judge it before it comes out.
* -A note on the camera names - I got some conflicting info here, the model names could also be 1V and 1J. Those could also be just the temporary codes and not the final model names. I believe the internal Nikon code for the new camera is Q630, but I could be wrong. The initial mount leak mentioned X810 as a camera code/project name which makes me think that V1 and J1 are the final marketing names.