- Nikon 1
- Nikon D2300
- Nikon D3000
- Nikon D300s
- Nikon D3100
- Nikon D3200
- Nikon D3300
- Nikon D3500
- Nikon D3s
- Nikon D3x
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D400
- Nikon D4s
- Nikon D5
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D5000
- Nikon D5100
- Nikon D5200
- Nikon D5300
- Nikon D5500
- Nikon D600
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D700
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon D7100
- Nikon D7200
- Nikon D750
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D810
- Nikon D810a
- Nikon D850
- Nikon D90
- Nikon Deals
- Nikon Df
- Nikon Df2
- Nikon DL
- Nikon Ebay Madness
- Nikon Flashes
- Nikon Humor Rumor
- Nikon KeyMission 360
- Nikon Lenses
- Nikon P700
- Nikon P7000
- Nikon P7100
- Nikon P7700
- Nikon P7800
- Nikon P8000
- Nikon Patents
- Nikon Point and Shoot
- Nikon Software
- Other Nikon stuff
- Top 10 Posts
- Weekly Nikon News Flash
- [NR] Reviews
TagsAdobe Carl Zeiss DxoMark test results Firmware updates Nikkor AF-S 85/1.4G ED Nikkor AF-S 800mm f/5.6 VR lens Nikon & NASA Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR lens Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR lens Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR lens Nikon books Nikon Capture NX Nikon Capture NX-D Nikon Coolpix A Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P6000 Nikon Digital Rangefinder Nikon financial results Nikon iPhone app Nikon Modular Camera Nikon MX Nikon press conference Nikon price increase Nikon Rebates Nikon Rumors Giveaways Nikon SB-910 Nikon View NX Photokina 2012 pre-order Refurbished Samyang lenses for Nikon Sigma Tamron lenses (Nikon mount) to be discontinued... Tokina Underwater housing for Nikon what to expect XQD memory cards [NR] Guest Posts
More NikonRumors Stories
- New Sony XQD G-E memory cards?
- Major Nikon D500 firmware upgrade rumored to be released in August or September
- Weekly Nikon news flash #373
- Nikon D4s is now discontinued
- From Snowy Mountains to Tropical Rainforest (part 2)
- Camera Control Pro 2 version 2.23.1 released with Nikon D5 support
- Nikon Coolpix A900 and B700 cameras delayed again
- Major Nikon D5 firmware update version 1.10 now available
- Grey market Nikon D810 now available for $2,099 (and you can repair it in the US)
- Checkout this Nikon 1200mm f/11 lens
- Nikon D3400/D3500 rumors
- Nikon D5 firmware update to be released soon
- Weekly Nikon news flash #372
- A wedding photographers take on aviation photography with the Nikon D5
- Nikon D500 camera tested at DxOMark
Nikon issued another delay for the Coolpix A900 and B700 cameras as a result of the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes: the new release date will be in October.
The good news is that the three Nikon DL cameras were not further delayed, which means they should still start shipping in June. Update: Nikon never provided a release date for the DL cameras in their last press release:
"The new release date has yet to be determined and we will announce the information as soon as it is decided."
Here is the full press release:
The camera can now record movies up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds long. Movies are recorded across up to 8 files, each up to 4 GB size, which can be joined together using the ViewNX-Movie Editor option in ViewNX-i version 1.2.0 or later. *
An Electronic VR option has been added to the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU. Note that electronic vibration reduction is not available at frame sizes of 3840×2160 or 1920×1080 crop, and that the angle of view is slightly reduced when electronic vibration reduction is in effect. *
A Flicker reduction option has been added to the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU. *
Dynamic-area AF (9 points) has been added to the AF-area mode options available during viewfinder photography. *
The chief changes to viewfinder photography autofocus are:
- Improved camera response when the button assigned Auto-area AF using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment) > AF-area mode or AF-area mode + AF-ON is pressed to temporarily select auto-area AF.
- Improved tracking when Wide is selected for Custom Setting a5 (3D-tracking watch area) and 3D-tracking is selected for AF-area mode.
The following changes have been made to the shooting display in the web browser when Silent photography is selected in HTTP server mode:
- An “SL” (“silent”) icon has been added to the release mode button.
- The “number of shots remaining” display for continuous release modes now shows the time remaining.
- Exposure compensation can now be adjusted by up to ±3.
The file name (extension “.NDF”) is now displayed in HTTP server mode when Image Dust Off data are displayed in a web browser either full frame or in the image viewer.
The web browser displays for computers, iPads, and Android OS now identify white balance presets 1 through 6 by number when preset manual white balance is selected in HTTP server mode.
If movie recording is started while the camera is focusing in movie live view, the camera will now stop focusing before beginning recording.
Fixed the following issues:
- The camera would sometimes record the date of recording incorrectly during leap years and the like.
- The Save/load settings option in the SETUP MENU would only load up to 10 of the up to 20 items that could be stored in “My Menu”.
- The camera would display the encryption key for Direct (access point) connections when searching for wireless networks using Search for wireless network with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
- The device would sometimes be unable to connect to the D5 when Connect and exit wizard was chosen with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
- The OS X edition of the Wireless Transmitter Utility would not function as expected when used to edit or add profiles for a camera connected via USB if Password protection was enabled for wireless or Ethernet LANs in the Network > Network settings menu.
- The camera would sometimes not correctly display pictures created using the Trim option in the RETOUCH MENU.
- If playback zoom was activated while the memory card access lamp was lit, the picture would sometimes not display correctly or the camera would zoom in on a point other than the active focus point if:
• RAW Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2 was selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU,
• On was selected for Image review in the PLAYBACK MENU,
• Memory cards were inserted in Slots both 1 and 2, and
• The NEF (RAW) and JPEG images were different sizes
* Details can be found in an updated edition of the camera manual.
This grey market D810 camera comes with a 1 year seller warranty. Nikon recently allowed certain grey market products to be repaired by authorized third party repair centers and the D810 was on that list: