Nikon issued firmware update for the Nikon 1 J1 and V1 mirrorless cameras which adds pixel mapping and support for the FT1 mount adapter. The FT1 adapter enables the use of Nikon F-mount lenses on a Nikon 1 body. Here are the basics specifications:
- Autofocusing is possible when AF-S lenses are used. However, focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point with only the center focus point used.
- The focus indicator (range finder) can be used with CPU lenses.
- [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used with CPU lenses.
- [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses. Aperture is specified using the aperture ring on the lens.
- Vibration reduction (VR) functions when VR lenses are used. Enable vibration reduction, or specify a setting, using switches on the lens.
- Shooting in Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens.
- The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used.
The Nikon 1 FT1 adapter is expected to be released in Japan on December 22, 2011.