SLRclub has a special on predictions/rumors of upcoming DSLR products in 2009. From what I hear, this is suppose to be a reputable site. The Nikon entries are:
- Nikon D400
- Nikon D800
- Nikon FX in D40/D60 body
- Nikon D4
Translation (thanks H.P.):
Q1 of 2009
- Olympus had succeed making entry line up for DSLR with E 420 and 520. They will make a very small DSLR camera without mirror and they are ready (micro four thirds format). According to CIPA's 2007 report (Camera & Imaging Products Association) DSLR is only 7% of whole camera market. 20% of compact digital camera users considered to buy DSLR, but they did not, because of the size and weight.
Q2 of 2009
- Nikon D400 - 14000000 - 15000000 pixels and F-HD movie.
- Entry level FX body from Canon (maybe using 1ds mark2 and 5d sensor so they can make it cheaper.)
- Nikon D800 with HD movie and high resolution to compete with 5D mark2.
Q3 of 2009
- 1Ds Mark V from Canon (maybe more than 30000000 pixels with crop mode)
- Middle FX body from Canon, maybe 3D. Will have same performance as 50D.
- So Canon's FX line up will be 1D/ 3D/ 5D (flagship/ middle / entry)
- Nikon's first entry FX body based on D40 or D60.
- and Sony will have A800 and other bodies to replace current body.
Q4 of 2009
- Nikon's fourth flagship (D4?) - will have about 30000000 pixels and 16bit raw.
- Sony will have FF body that will replace or higher version of A900 (30000000 pixels).