This is an anonymous rumor I got from Japan - there is no way to verify the credibility of the source, but Nikon has done some limited edition series in the past (non-digital):
- FF (35mm) digital rangefinder
- Sensor/processing out of the D3
- Full titanium interior/exterior body
- Very compact/light - built for low light/discreet/art work
- Retro styling, think SP meets 28ti meets.. Giugiaro
- Very limited edition, 10,000 in total, 6.000 for domestic market ONLY. Strictly collector's item (huge market here)
- Only available as a kit with 31/1.8, 50/1.5 and 90/1.8
- Possibly/likely separately a f/1.0/50mm at even more limited numbers and insane price level
- Prices? mad... this is not a photographic tool, this is luxury. Expected to be close to US $13,000 for the 'normal' set but rumored to be a Leica killer in optical performance and handling
- Same 1/1 viewfinder principle as the SP rangefinder
- Center weighed or spot metering, manual and Av only
- NEF RAW and Tiff. Jpg unsure....
- Same High ISO performance as D3
Allegedly scheduled to be released to coincide with some important Nikon anniversary, though have no clue what it could be...