Nikon related links/news:
- I already posted this on Photo Rumors: no new Fuji DSLR in 2009.
- Yasuyuki Okamoto, President and CEO of Nikon Inc, was named Managing Director of Nikon Corp: "Okamoto roots his strategy in a customer-centric mindset, which aligns Nikon’s business functions with customer needs and demands."
Rumors I did not post for various reasons (till now that is):
- Nikon HQ in Sydney: there will be two new DSLR's being announced soon.
- Alibaba.com has few Nikon D400 entries for sale - I don't think those are valid since everyone can post an item for sell on this site.
- Nikon secret shooting in Japan (received from a reader):
"I live in Tokyo, and a couple of days ago I saw a tripod setup when was walking to the ATM. All I could see was the back screen and from the front that it was Nikon lens. Otherwise everything was covered by cloth in a box funky hood setup. What resonated with me though was the screen was obviously taking video BUT did not have the greyed out area on top/bottom (as is on my D90) and the screen looked to be wide screen. I regret not taking my camera! Though the man quickly blocked my view of the screen after he realized I was watching closely. It did NOT look like a D700 body, looked like a slightly refined D300."
The leaked Nikon D300s screenshots appeared to be in a wide-screen format as well. No way to verify this rumor.
- Nikon compact camera with built-in projector: Nikon is about to launch a compact camera with a built-in projector, about 1hr battery life with projector on. Rough specs: 5x zoom, VR, 28-140 mm equivalent lens, 12 MP. I have hard time believing this one - I asked for some more details. We shall see.