The new Fotodiox Fusion Smart AF adapter (Nikon AF-I/AF-S lens to Sony E-mount mirrorless camera) with full automated functions (full aperture control, autofocus, image stabilization, EXIF data) is now shipping (price: $349.95). Here are some of the features:
- Sophisticated breakthrough aperture control system enables Sony camera full electronic control of Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses for Auto, Aperture Priority, and Program AE modes.
- Sony camera can record EXIF data from Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
- Auto focus in high-speed and low-speed modes with Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
- Powered VR image stabilization in compatible lenses.
- Compatible with all manual vintage Nikon F mount lenses.
- Infinity focus guaranteed for all Nikon lenses.
- Aluminum construction with integrated baseplate and 1/4-20" mount for supporting longer and heavier lenses
full aperture control
Full press release:
Fotodiox Pro Announces Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter for Full Function Control
Fotodiox Pro, creator and distributor of several lines of specialty solutions for videography, cinematography and photography, has announced their new Nikon to Sony FUSION Lens Adapter. Available now on Fotodioxpro.com, the Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter allows photographers to mount Nikon lenses onto Sony cameras and maintain electronic communication between the two, delivering decades of legendary Nikon imaging expertise to the hands of full frame or APS-C Sony E-Mount camera users.
“The Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter is truly the first of its kind, and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with our customers,” said Bohus Blahut, marketing director for Fotodiox Pro. “What makes it such a breakthrough is the presence of FUSION Drive – a built-in motor that physically moves the lens’ internal aperture control lever. Nikon lenses are notorious for maintaining mechanical aperture control while many other functions are electronic, but FUSION Drive, which we built for the very first time for this Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter, solves that issue.”
By installing the Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter on a full frame or APS-C Sony E-Mount camera, Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses gain auto-focus, full aperture control for Auto / Aperture Priority / Program AE modes, EXIF data transmission (on compatible models) and image stabilization (on compatible models). The Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter is also compatible with fully manual vintage Nikon F lenses as a manual adapter.
Photographers are advised that the FUSION Adapter is designed to work best with newer Sony cameras that have “Phase Detection Auto Focus”, such as Sony a7, a7II, a7rII, a6000, a6300 and a6500 cameras. The Nikon to Sony FUSION Adapter’s performance will be significantly slower with older Sony cameras that rely solely on “Contrast Detection Auto Focus”.