Nikon announced the establishment of sales and service presence in Indonesia:
Nikon Corporation (Makoto Kimura, President) is pleased to announce the establishment of P.T. Nikon Indonesia in Jakarta. This new sales and service subsidiary will be launched to fortify sales of imaging products, beginning with digital cameras, and to enhance after-sales service in Indonesia. Operations commenced on February 1, 2013.
Indonesia has shown tremendous economic growth in recent years, and the growth of the digital camera business is expected to continue in this region. Until now, Nikon Hong Kong Ltd., Nikon's marketing base in Hong Kong, has handled sales and service operations for Indonesia. However, with expectations for further market expansion, Nikon has established this new sales subsidiary in order to expand operations in the Indonesian market.
Our primary goals in establishing this local sales and service subsidiary are to strengthen and to improve customer service with a system integrating all aspects of our business in Indonesia, from marketing to sales, customer support, and after-sales service. In addition, we believe that strategic marketing and effective advertising will lead to increased sales and greater permeation of the Nikon brand, further increasing Nikon's presence in this market.
- Name P.T. Nikon Indonesia
- Address 35th Floor, Wisma 46 - Kota BNI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1, Jakarta, 10220
- Capital 24-billion Indonesia rupiah (IDR; approximately ¥200 million)
- Representative Director Toshio Asazaki, Managing Director
- No. of employees Approximately 20 at start of operations
- Primary activities Import, sales and after-sales service of imaging products in Indonesia
- Start of operations February 1, 2013
- Annual sales Predicted to be approximately ¥2 billion in fiscal year 2013