First, a note: the comments are going out of control again. Unreasonable Nikon bashing will not be tolerated. Comments like "Nikon sucks" or "I am switching to Canon" do not bring any value to the discussion. Please use common sense and show your arguments in a logical way.
The new products from Nikon are now covered all over the Web. Here are some more quick links (some of them from our own readers):
- Now all three major US stores are taking pre-orders for the new Nikon products (Amazon, B&H and Adorama). Our sponsor BergerBros is also taking pre-orders.
- The Nikon D3100 two lenses kit in Japan seems to be sold with the new 55-300 lens. Amazon US lists the two lenses kit with the old 55-200 lens.
- Quote: "The D3100 is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2, both developed by Nikon" (source).
- A new F-mount body cap on the D3100?
- You can see all Nikon D3100 products shots, incl. screenshots from the new menu.
- Engadget has a hands-on with the D3100. Check also Bob Krist's blog - he has posted some samples photos from the new 28-300 lens.
Sample video taken with the D3100 and various Nikon lenses after the break: