- Nikon reported a net loss of Y12.62 billion, compared to a year-earlier profit of Y28.06 billion.
- Operating loss of Y13.85 billion against a profit of Y48.18 billion a year earlier.
- Sales fell 11% to Y785.50 billion from Y879.72 billion.
- Nikon's digital camera business picked up, however, contributing to a 30% increase in operating profit from the company's visual product division.
- The company expects a sharp recovery in the current fiscal year, projecting a net profit of Y30 billion on sales of Y880 billion.
Nikon Corp. (7731.TO) Tokyo Year Ended March 31 Group 2010 2009 Revenue Y785.50 bln Y879.72 bln Operating Profit (13.85) bln 48.18 bln Pretax Profit (15.33) bln 47.69 bln Net Profit (12.62) bln 28.06 bln Per share Earnings (31.82) 70.76 Diluted earnings N/A 67.91 Figures in parentheses are losses.
Nikon Corp. also released the following forecasts: GROUP 1st Half To Year Ending Sep 2010 Mar 2011 Revenue Y395.00 bln Y880.00 bln Operating Profit 7.50 bln 52.00 bln Pretax Profit 7.00 bln 50.00 bln Net Profit 4.00 bln 30.00 bln Per share Earnings 10.09 75.68 Results are based on Japanese accounting standards.
Source: WSJ. Detailed financial information can be found on Nikon Investor Relations.