In addition to the D7000 successor, Nikon is rumored to announce a new D4x DSLR this year (the camera may have a different name, we will call it D4x until we get more info). Here are the rumored details:
- Same body as the Nikon D4
- 36 MP sensor without AA filter, designed and made by Nikon, with some new improvements (moire in-camera reduction)
- 6 fps (11 fps is the maximum possible fps with the current shutter)
- Few video improvements
- Price should be few hundred dollars above the D4 (currently listed for $5996.95).
- Announcement expected in fall of 2013
Since this rumored product announcement is far ahead in the future, I would give it a credibility rating of 60% for now. It seems that we will have only two new DSLR cameras in 2013 - a new high end DX and new high end FX models.