Patents application 2011-113052 is for a 50mm f/1.2 lens (the patent describes also a f/2 version). This is the second patent for fast 50mm lens (see previous patent):
Patent application 2011-112832 is for a 24-145mm or 28-145mm f/4 lens:
Patent application 2011-118379 is for a 200mm f/3.2 Macro lens (again, several different designs were described with focal lengths ranging from 160-220mm and aperture ranging from f/2 - f/3.2):
Other Nikon patents:
- Several patents filed in Japan indicate for a removable sensor:
2011-066509: to provide an imaging apparatus capable of easily and surely fixing a light receiving surface of an imaging element on a predetermined position with respect to a holding member
2011-060814: to provide a light receiving apparatus in which a solid-state imaging device can be detachably attached to a mounting substrate, and to provide a member for fixing the solid-state imaging device
- There are also multiple patents for improving the dynamic range:
2011-066506: to achieve compatibility between the expansion of a dynamic range at low sensitivity, and a high SN ratio at high sensitivity
2011-066338: to widen a variable range of capacity value in a floating capacitor
2011-055345: to provide an imaging apparatus of a high S/N ratio and a wide dynamic range
- Patent 2011-041092 pertains to tilt-shift lens that communicates the lens position to the camera. This implies a new camera able collect tilt shift data from the lens:
"The lens barrel 20 is provided with the amount detection encoder 21 (an oscillation angle detection encoder and an angle-of-rotation detection encoder) of swings and tilts which detects the amount of swings and tilts performed by the swing-and-tilt mechanism 23...
If the camera body 10 is equipped, the characteristic data will be recognized by the camera body 10. namely If the camera body 10 is equipped with the lens barrel 20, the camera body 10 can recognize that the lens barrel 20 with which it was equipped is what has a swing-and-tilt function. The camera body 10 can grasp the state of swing-and-tilt operation of the lens barrel 20 with the detecting signal (an oscillation angle signal and an angle-of-rotation signal) of the amount detection encoder 21 (an oscillation angle detection encoder and an angle-of-rotation detection encoder) of swings and tilts."
- Nikon's patent for preset focus pulls for future cameras.
- Nikon filed another patent for a high speed camera with stylus and voice memo function (see previous patent here).
- Nikon patent 2011-114680 is for an image sensor that allows you to control the dynamic range and sensitivity by combining pixels of different areas.