Busy day today - thanks to everyone that sent me tips:
- If you have been sleeping the past 24 hours, here is the news of the day: DXOMark released the Nikon D3x ranking and it looks pretty damn good. Here is a comparison from CNet.
- Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of new SIGMA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM on March 10th, 2009.
- Nikon UK extend winter cash back offer - You now have until March 31st, 2009 to take advantage of Nikon's winter cash back offer.
- Nikon D90 is suppose to work great with Windows 7 - click here for more info.
- Breeze Systems Release NKRemote 1.0: remote capture software for Nikon D3, D700, D300, D90 and D200 cameras - click here for more info.
- Capture NX tutorials - I am not sure if this is a new site, I have not seen it before.
- Nikon to provide Picture Control downloads for the D90. This is the email they sent to a NR reader:
"At this time there are no Picture Control downloads for the D90 but they will be made available in the same location as the other ones, http://nikonimglib.com/opc/". By the way, D3x controls are already available."
- I got some rumors for new flashes SB-500 and SB-700 to be release this year.
- Nikon D90 made it to #4 at the top 10 gadgets of 2008 (source: Time).
- Surprise, surprise - Nikon Canada is also raising their prices on February 1st (email to a dealer):
"We will be having a price increase on February 1, 2009. Lenses will bare the brunt of this price increase. A number of lenses will have significant increases (Most kit lenses will not increase at that time.) Also, please note that back orders from January that carry into February will not be honored at the pre-February 1st prices."