Rumors about a new entry level DSLR between the Nikon D3000 and the D5000 started few months ago. This new camera will not be called D4000 as previously expected, but Nikon D3100.
This is a break down of the main specs/features:
- continuous AF in video mode/live view (yes, that's right - it seems that the continuous AF I mention earlier today will first be introduced in the upcoming Nikon D3100)
- new AF points configuration which should cover a very large portion of the viewfinder. Total of 11 or 12 AF points.
- 10 MP CMOS sensor
- HD video: 1080p/24 and 720p 30/24!
- AVCHD video codec
- In camera video editing capabilities
- 3fps (same as D3000)
- will be sold in a kit with the 18-55mm lens
- expected announcement in "few weeks"
- no swivel display
[NR] rating: 99%
This could well be the first pictures taken with the Nikon D3100 (I know, the date is 2009, EXIF can be manipulated, etc.)