Update: this survey is now sent to registered Nikon users worldwide (not only to NPS). I will publish my own D700 replacement survey later on today.
NPS members in Europe received an email survey from Nikon today. The first few questions were pretty standard (what camera you have, what features are important to you, any feedback to Nikon, etc). After going through the rest of the survey, it was clear that this whole campaign was created to gather information/data for the Nikon D700 replacement. Here are some of the questions (those are not direct quotations):
- What improvements you would like to see in the D700 or why did you not purchase one?
- How likely it is that you will purchase a Nikon D700?
- What would you photograph with a FX camera?
- What are the most important features of a FX camera?
- Are you interested in a FX camera (vs. DX camera)?
- What is the largest print size you use?
- Will you purchase a DSLR in the next 12 months?
- There were few questions about pixel count - how important it is, etc. One of the example question was about a 15 MP and 25MP resolutions - not sure if they picked those numbers randomly or there is a reason behind it.
Now, I am not sure if this is a good or bad news - is Nikon just starting now to think about the D700 replacement? Maybe they just want to be sure that what they have in their labs is what people would buy.