Irix has a new US based website and distributor at www.irixusa.com. For now only the Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens is listed for sale (reviewed here). All Irix products come with a 5 years warranty. The US prices are:
- Blackstone: $649.00
- Firefly: $449.00
Irix is also now selling directly on Amazon US (Irix lenses have been available for a while on Amazon UK, Amazon DE and Amazon IT):
Posted in Nikon Lenses
I have no solid information on any of the rumors mentioned in this post, this is more of a list of possible Nikon products for 2017 (more expectations/speculations than rumors):
- CES 2017: Nikon D5600 introduction to the US market.
- New Nikon 1 J6 camera announcement (possibly in early 2017). Interestingly Nikon USA is "temporarily out of inventory" on the Nikon 1 V3 camera but they are in stock at Adorama, Amazon and B&H. There have been also many new Nikkor lens patents designed for cameras with 1" sensor.
- New mirrorless camera with a larger sensor - still no firm date or any other details on this rumor.
- The Nikon DL cameras should start shipping in early 2017 after almost one year delay. Nikon recently updated their website with additional information on the DL models.
- We can expect more Nikkor tele-lenses to be refreshed with E/FL (several patents already filed). A new 300mm f/2.8 lens was specifically mentioned to me.
- New Nikon D5x in 2017 (just like the D3x from 2008), priced about 10,000 EUR/USD to compete with the new Fuji medium format mirrorless camera - I put a low probability on this rumor just because of the high price.
- A new "baby Nikon D5" camera (or as some still called it "the real D700 replacement"): same sensor as the D5, less rigid, it could be called D760.
- Nikon FX replacements - all three FX models are now due for a refresh (D610 announced October 2013, D750 announced September 2014, D810 announced June, 2014), but I just do not see Nikon doing all three of them in 2017 - Nikon tend to announce cheaper models first. I also see a possibility of merging the D610 and D750 lines - maybe into the new D760 mentioned above?
- Nikon Df replacement for the 100 years anniversary of Nikon.
If you have any other information on what's coming next from Nikon, you can contact me anonymously here.
A new Nikon camera was registered today at the Indonesian Communications Agency (the camera will be produced in Thailand). My guess is that this is for a new Nikon 1 mirrorless camera (Nikon 1 J6 probably) that will be announced in early 2017.
Update: the N1610 will most likely be a DSLR camera since it will be produced in Thailand. Here is a list of Nikon code names with the corresponding model:
The authorized Nikon dealer BuyDig is currently selling refurbished Nikon D500 cameras for $1,446.95 with coupon code DXPRO2X50 (limited quantity available, limit 1 camera per order, free shipping, 45-day return policy, 90 days Nikon USA warranty). For comparison, a new Nikon D500 body now costs $1,796.95 and comes with a free grip and accessories valued at $481.39 (the Nikon MB-D17 grip alone costs $371.49).
A list of all BuyDig coupon codes is available here.
DxOMark published their test results for the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED lens ($2,196.95) and called it the best-performing lens in the lineup below 200mm: