Seems to be working now, though i changed nothing
here's what happened.. i set the bracket for 5 exposures, and 1 EV. Fired off the shot, and got 4 exposures. I thought this a little strange, so i hit PLAYBACK and viewed the files, thinking that the camera maybe only counts the 2 under and 2 over, and perhaps doesnt count the 1 neutral exposure. But no, there were only 4 files in the sequence.
I then decided to check again using 7 exposure bracket. I got 6 exposures, and checked this in PLAY.
I set bracketing back zero, like we're told and turned off the camera and went away to scratch my head and look for answers. I went back later, turned the camera on and went straight to bracketing ( via the Func button which is how i set it up ) and set EV to 1 and bracket to 5, fired off and Zeus have mercy, there were the 5 exposures. How strange.
I changed nothing, and did nothing different, but now its sorted itself. Probably a glitch in the matrix or something