great day everyone!
im a newbie here so i need some help from you guys. decided to go with nikon than the competitor brand. it seems they are really having bad marketing strategies and i don't like being played with.
and i also believe nikon is far better than C...n! hehe
anyway, i'm getting a new dslr.. probably the d3000.. i think its great for a beginner like me.. but i wanna invest with the lens already.. 'coz its easier to buy change camera later on.. im just having difficulty understanding with the lens compatibility of d3000.. it says
* AF-S and AF-I NIKKOR: All functions supported
* Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except autofocus.
* Non-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II and autofocus.
* IX-NIKKOR and AF-NIKKOR for F3AF: Not supported.
* Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except some shooting modes.
* AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
* Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode d, but exposure meter does not function.
* Lens with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster: Electronic rangefinder can be used.
so does it mean that buying for example a
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II won't support autofocus but
AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED would?