Hi, my name is Wilson, I'm a fourth year industrial design student at Emily Carr University, in Vancouver, Canada. For my grad project I decided to make a camera bag, that would not just work as a camera bag, but also can be converted into a messenger bag when a camera bag isn't needed/wanted. I've been at this project for one semester already, however, I'm still struggling on the size issue of the bag and how big it needs to be, so I've come up with this questionnaire for my Ergonomics 2 class, and hopefully you can help me determine the size of my bag. This bag will be marketed towards amateurs. I'd be happy to answer any questions for your regarding my project if it helps you better complete the questionnaire. Thanks for your help!
For reasons relating to research ethics regarding my school I have to preface this survey with disclosure given to my by the university:
My name is Wilson Lau and this research project, Helfen, is part of the requirement for a Industrial Design program Emily Carr University. My credentials with Emily Carr University can be established by emailing Rob Inkster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The research will consist of this survey and is foreseen to take less than 10min to complete. The foreseen questions will refer to the questionnaire. In addition to submitting my final report to Emily Carr University in partial fulfillment for a Industrial Design degree, I will also be sharing my research findings with my instructors at school. The research data may be compiled into a research report upon completion.
A copy of the final report will be housed at Emily Carr University and will be publicly accessible.
If there are any conflicts of interest, please contact me at email@example.com
The information you provide will be summarized, in anonymous format, in the body of the final report. At no time will any specific comments be attributed to any individual unless your specific agreement has been obtained beforehand. All documentation will be kept strictly confidential.
You are not compelled to participate in this research project. If you do choose to participate, you are free to withdraw at any time without prejudice. Similarly, if you choose not to participate in this research project, this information will also be maintained in confidence.
Your completion of this survey will constitute your informed consent.
1. You are going on a mystery shoot. You don't know where you are going, or what you will be shooting. What lenses would you carry in your camera bag normally provided you have it? Only select equipment you have. You will have to carry everything you select for a period of 6h.
For each item you choose how likely you would carry it on a scale of 1-3.
10.5mm Fish Eye
16mm Fish Eye
Other (please list)
2. Is it necessary that the back padding be removed in the bag (when converted to a messenger bag)?
Yes or No?
3. Are you more likely to carry a laptop (13") or net book when configured to a messenger bag?
4. Does it matter if the inside of the bag is water resistant material?
5. Would you prefer big pockets to fit more stuff, or smaller pockets for better organization?
6. What age group do you fall into?
7. Out of 5, how important is it to you that the bag has a rain cover?
8. Out of 5, how important is it that you can put in and take out your equipment quickly and efficiently?
9. Out of 5, how important is it that you can open and close your bag quickly?