I recently came back from a holiday in Istanbul. I was soooo disappointed with the quality of the photos I took from my "latest top of the range Sony digital camera"! After speaking to friends, and doing some online research I found this Nikon forum.
I have decided that I want to purchase either a D90 or a D7000. My needs are the following... please advise which one you think I should buy (money not a problem, as I have enough saved up):
1. I am a beginner / amateur; I want to start making photography my hobby.
2. I want something not too complicated, something simple to use, easy to carry around, and not too heavy / bulky. If it is too complicated it will put me off using it!
3. I want to take excellent photos (not necessarily for printing - more for Facebook / small prints in the home!)
4. I want to be able to take short videos as well, maximum 5 minutes at a time.
5. I want to buy a camera, that already has a lens on it, i.e.I don't want to change lenses each time.....
6. I want a camera that will still be respected by peers in a few years
7. Most importantly I want a camera that I can master myself, and become an expert in photography - and a camera I will really enjoy as a beginner, and that will get me more interested in photography.
Your help will be really appreciated - shall I go for D90 or 7000, and shall i stick to original lens, or another.