Ok, I know this question has been discussed before, but time is marching on and I'm trying to get a feel from you all when your best gut feeling is that we'll *really* see the upgrade to the D700 and the D300s...
I'm going to need to get a new body here in the next couple of months and because I intend for this to last me 4-5 years (which feels like a lifetime as far as I'm concerned) I really don't want to invest in a technology package that is 3-4 years old before I start the clock on my new purchase. Also, video quality is something that has importance to me, and I can only assume the upgraded bodies will, at a minimum, carry the same video quality the D7000 has - which would be ok.
As for whether I go with FX or DX, I'm on the fence here too... I'd frankly probably purchase whichever body came out first assuming the other wouldn't come for another 6 months after the introduction of the first.
Throw me a bone here and let me know how much longer I'm going to need to wait!