Reading all the News, Rumors and history I believe Nikon could not stay out the market of the "Mirrorless camera body"
We should not forget the early years of Nikon, they made a similar mirroless camera to compete with Leica. Then DSLR camera was in and it stayed till today.
Time has revers and people want a change and go back to the "Silent" mirrorless camera.
This is the moment with "New Technology and 3" LED screen"
I only hope that Nikon will produce "Advance Technology" to other brands than follow behind other brands.
1. "Full Frame" sensor like the D700, Not the D300!
2. Mechanical/Manual adjustment
3. Hence Improving the light meter comfort; a sensor that could be moved to certain spot on the screen like Ricoh. Fast skin tone adjustment.
4. Screen 3" adjustment for up and lower shots like Sony NEX
5. Direct connection to an iPad/MacBook to view instant shots.
6. Definitely HD quality movie shots
7. 2 Memory Slots
8. Quick start for instant shots
9. Build in Flash & wireless Synchro to other Nikon Flash.
10. Flash shoe, also for GPS
11. WiFi possibility for transfer.