I'm in the market for a SB-900. I noticed that the price recently dropped here in Canada so I'm wondering if I should wait for the next version. Has anyone heard any rumors on if there is something in the works and when it might be expected?
SB-900 - Buy now or wait?(5 posts) (5 voices)
MSRP on the SB-900 has come down, which is why you've seen a price drop, that happens with all products after they have been out for a while. The SB-900 is only 2 years old, I doubt we'll see a new high end flash in the next year. Go for it.
Why old why would you wait? If you need one now, go and get it. It's not like they will introduce a revolutionary thing that will make everybody want one.
If you need one, or want to experiment with one get it now. You can always sell it.
SB900 is "new" - it ain't gonna change soon. Nikon hasn't yet standardized the Speedlight line. That will happen first, in my estimation, before the SB900 is replaced or upgraded. (SB600 is still old tech, due to be replaced.)
yup, SB900 is still fresh and hot on the market, I doubt to see it's replacement soon - more likely to see SB700
You must log in to post.