1. Religious/Political discussions are NOT allowed. This is a photography forum. There are plenty of other platforms where you can express your views. Non photography related topics are allowed, but please use your common sense. Non photography threads are permitted at admin's and moderators discretion. Admin and moderators have the right to close topics they deem unnecessary or that contribute to a hostile atmosphere. Questioning admin or moderators actions should be done via PM or those post will be deleted. It all boils down to a simple rule: don't post anything you don't want to read on a forum.
2. No trolling, bashing or use of abusive language. Personal attacks on other members will NOT be tolerated and posts will be deleted. Try to keep your comments with the discussed topic and avoid discussing other forum members. This rule is valid for everyone, including the forum moderators and admin. Moderators word is final when there's discussion going among users (considering the rules) and admin's world is final when moderators have a disagreement.
3. No offensive avatars (gravatars) or usernames are allowed.
4. Copyrighted material: you can post pictures on the NikonRumors Forum only if you are the legal copyright owner of the work. Same is valid for any other type of copyrighted material. Illegal/pirated software requests, discussions, links, serial numbers are not allowed. These posts will be removed immediately. Exceptions will be made by using the "fair use" clause which allows publication of certain copyrighted materials for forum discussion (for example photo competition winner picture). Make sure you give full credit to the copyright owner.
5. Artistic nudity photos cannot be directly embedded to this forum. You are welcome to post a link to a photo that contains artistic nudity but the thread/post must be clearly labeled with NSFW (not safe for work). Please understand that this forum is accessed by many professionals from an office environment and some images could be offensive. For that reason members must be 18 years of age or older to join this forum, members under 18 years of age will need parental approval before joining this forum.
6. Spam / Commercial advertisement is not allowed. Very simple rule - accounts will be deleted without notice, no exceptions. If your first post is spam, your account will be permanently deleted.
7. Privacy: email addresses, names or any other information provided by users during the registration process will not be shared, sold or used in any other way by the forum administrator and forum moderators. Login and password information should not be shared or displayed in the forums. Publication of personal data (mail address, telephone number, email address etc) is prohibited on the public forum - please use the PM (private messaging) function.
8. Illegal activities like child pornography, drugs use, etc. will be immediately reported to the authorities.
9. Liability: with the registration and participation in this forum, the member releases the administrator/moderators from all claims resulting from breaches of the law by the member, for example (but not limited to) damages against third parties or attorney fees.
10. Disclosure: NR Forum is sponsored by advertising companies that display various banners on this forum and by affiliate partners like Amazon, Adorama, B&H and others. If you buy a product through one of the affiliate links, NR will receive a small commission (same price for you). Thanks for your support!
The Offense Structure*:
1st Offense: A formal warning will be sent via PM
Upon a members first offense, a PM will be sent to them informing them of the rule violation and they will also be informed of this Offense Structure.
2nd Offense: Account suspension for 7 days
Upon a members second offense, the member will have their account suspended for 7 days. Any attempt to circumvent this suspension by creating extra accounts on the forum will directly lead into a permanent ban from the forum.
3rd Offense: Permanent ban from the forum
Upon a members third offense, the member will be permanently banned from the forum and will never be welcomed back.
*The only exceptions of the above rule are the spam/commercial advertisement posts that will be deleted without warning.
How to change your profile picture (Avatar):
Just go to http://en.gravatar.com/ and register your email address that was used for registration on this forum and upload a picture. This will enable your avatar for every WordPress blog (that has gravatar enabled), every bbpress forum and many others. Just make sure you use the same email, otherwise the magic will not work.
How to change my password:
1. Click on your name on the top left (where it says Welcome .... !).
2. Click on the edit button under the NikonRumors Forum title or just click on the link "edit this information".
How to edit already posted comments:
I changed the edit post function - now you can edit your posts up to 24 hr after posting it, after that the edit button will disappear.
How to add a photo to a post:
You can also link to a photo directly by using the following example (for now only png, gif or jpeg are accepted):
Please make sure the file extension (.jpg .png .gif) is not in CAPITAL letters (just change it to lower case in the link). In the quotes you insert the URL of the photo. Please make sure you pictures do not exceed 800px in width.
How to add a video to a post:
You can add a video by just posting the link to the video: if you post a link to youtube, vimeo, etc. the video player will be automatically embedded in the post.