ASSUMING that there will be a bunch of DX lenses that will be announced this year/early next year.
What do you think they will be? What do you hope they will be? How many? Lets say 4-6 lenses... What are the current gaps in the DX range of lenses.
OK Give me your list !! And Why you have chosen them!
1) the 10-24 was one on my list.. and its been ticked off! I have the 12-24 but I would like wider because the 10mm would be able to have a FOV of a bit greater than 90 degrees horizontally which is great for taking photos of rooms from one of the corners!
2) Prime 28mm DX F1.8 or 1.4 , Provides a VERY nice "normal" lens equal to 42mm FX.
3) 50-150 F2.5 VR Dx. Small, light, fast DX version of the 70-200
4) 100-400 VR DX F4.5 small light version of the 200-400
5) 16-50 F2.5 DX or 18-50 F2.0 DX - super fast Normal Zoom - This may now be possible due to the technology they have developed for the 14-24 FX and the 24-70 FX.
6) 60mm macro F2.0 VR DX - Tamron already have one why not Nikon? would make an excellent portrait lens too..