After the new SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD lens (model A030) that was introduced in Japan today, Tamron is rumored to announce also a new 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD lens that will replace the previous non-VC version (this lens is designed for APS-C/DX based DSLR cameras).
Tamron is rumored to also introduce a new SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens.
Here are the specifications of the Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD lens (pictured above):
- Model B023
- First lens to come with the new motor HLD (High / Low Torque Modulated Drive Motor)
- Equipped with a camera shake correction mechanism VC (approximately 4 stops)
- Antifouling coat and simple drip-proof construction are adopted
- TAP-in console compatible
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups (LD, XLD, aspheric and a composite aspherical lenses inside)
- Shortest shooting distance: 0.24m
- Maximum shooting magnification: 1:5.3
- Filter diameter: 77 mm
- Maximum diameter × length: 83.6 mm × 84.6 mm
- Weight: 440 g
- Suggested retail price: 70,000 yen + tax
- Mass retailer price: 62,100 yen (tax included)