The website ifixit.com published their detailed instructions and pictures on how to teardown a Nikon D600 camera. Here is their conclusion:
Nikon D600 Repairability Score: 2 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair)
- The battery can be easily replaced by opening the compartment with your thumbnail.
- The tripod mount comes off after removing four Phillips #00 screws.
- The D600 has several wires that need to be desoldered in order to take it apart.
- Many, many screws hold the device together.
- The LCD is fused to the rear case, and cannot be swapped without replacing the entire back of the camera.
- For absolute safety, you need to discharge the flash capacitor, otherwise you risk accidentally killing your camera.