Still catching up on the latest D4 updates while I was at CES last week. I will just present everything here in one post:
- Dynamic range vs. ISO chart comparison between all Nikon full frame DSLRs.
- Interesting interview with Toshiaki Akagi (engineer and senior manager at Nikon Japan). See also his explanation about the short battery life of the Nikon D4 (reported here a week ago).
- Bill Frakes on shooting with the Nikon D4 - he created one of the D4 promo videos in Istanbul.
- More Nikon D4 samples.
- It seems that Sony will be the only producer of the new XQD memory cards that are used in the D4. At that point SanDisk has no plans to produce XQD cards and Lexar is still "evaluating this technology" (source: Cnet). The first batch of Sony XQD cards will be available in "only" 16 and 32GB sizes.
- Nikon D4 video shortcomings based on the IR Q&A sessions with Nikon (they even took some questions from [NR] readers). Here is a quick video recap: