- Not photography related: a reader sent me those pictures of the Nikon 20x120 Binocular Telescope from a store in London. The price tag is £13,565 (listed for $6,859.95 in the US)
- Because of the expected announcement next Wednesday, I will probably announce the ThinkTank Photo giveaway winner towards the end of next week.
- Nikon Australia is not happy with the recent move by one of the biggest street stores JB-Hifi who started selling grey imports along side Australian stocked items.
- The checksum for the D7000 A & B firmware was cracked. See original post on flickr. New NTool version 1.2 is now online.
- Nikon SB-900 promotion in Romania before the SB-910 announcement next week.
- Fotoopa is currently working on a new version of his custom rig for capturing insects in flight.
- Nikon V1 leather kit now on sale in Japan:
- Nikon cancels Retail Clerk Purchase Program in the US:
As of 11.18.2011, Nikon has completely suspended their Retail Clerk Purchase Program (aka Personal Purchase Program) for the "foreseeable future" due to the flooding in Thailand. Basically, if anyone (whether they're at Ritz or any other retailer store) ordered through their program and their product isn't already out the door, Nikon is completely canceling their order - not just putting it on hold.