- Three rare Nikon items on eBay: Nikon Ai-S 13mm f/5,6 (price: $29,399):
Nikon fisheye 8mm f/8 lens (€999):
Nikon MF-24 250 exposure camera back ($1,999.99):
- New book: Mastering the Nikon D7000
- Nikon D90 is the most popular camera on flickr:
- "Political views: Nikon, Religious views: Leica" (somebody’s Facebook profile).
- DIY: Adding an old Nikkor E-series 50 f/1.8 lens to a p&s camera for macro photography.
- Nikon teams up with royal photographer Arthur Edwards to suggest map of best locations to photograph the procession of the royal wedding.
- NASA certified a Nikon 10.5mm F/2.8 DX lens for Extra Vehicular Activity during the STS-134 mission. It will be used to capture wide angle photos of the ISS (source: NASAspaceflight forum, subscription required).
- Nikon Direct (Japan) now offers color customized products.
- Nikon ME-1 microphone already shipping in Japan (unboxing video).
- Full Westlicht Photographica Auctions catalog is now online, including some rare Nikon cameras and lenses.
- Different Nikon D7000 serial stickers? Maybe indication for grey market products? See this forum thread.
- Nikon issued a notice for D5100 cameras shipped with European type power plugs:
"It has come to our attention that a batch of D5100 cameras have been shipped with battery charger power plugs suitable only for European sockets. If you have bought a camera with a European plug you can claim a UK plug for your charger direct via Nikon’s support centre, on 0330 123 0932 from Tuesday 26th April 2011. Alternatively, you can also contact your retailer. Apologies for any inconvenience caused."
- Nikon D5100 user's manual is now available online.
- Nikon D5100 digitutor video now online: