This weekend is the 100th week anniversary of the weekly Nikon news flash - I will celebrate it with another giveaway next week. Here are the news for this week:
- Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC lens (also available in Nikon mount) gets a focusing scale, red ring and a new lens hood:
- Nikon Malaysia is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and they will have a 3 days expo in Kuala Lumpur (the ad is from a local photography magazine):
- Nikon D7000 MacBook mode dial decals are now available:
- Rycote released new portable audio recorder mount:
- Nikon D7000 received the 2010 Engadget Reader's Choice digital camera of the year.
- Costco now sells Nikon D7000 kits for $1799. The kit includes the 18-200 VR2 lens, case, DVD, book and a 4GB SD card (thanks @navesink).
- DIY ring flash with fiber optics?
- Nikon to open second "Yellow Store" in Romania.
- New cashback program from Nikon UK: £40 off the Nikon D3100.
- Photojojo added two flash accessories to their online store.
- BCN ranking for February 2011 (based on actual sales numbers from stores in Japan):
#1 Canon EOS Kiss X4/T2i/550D (unchanged)
#2 Nikon D90 (up)
#3 Nikon D3100 (down)
- CIPA's outlook on digital camera shipments in 2011:
"The forecast for total shipment (the cumulative total of shipments from January to December) of digital cameras in 2011 is 131 million units, a year-on-year increase of 7.8%. In a breakdown of digital cameras by product type, shipments of cameras with built-in lenses and those with interchangeable lenses are forecasted to reach approximately 115.5 million (a year-on-year increase of 6.4%) and 15.5 million units (a year-on-year increase of 20.2%), respectively.
Of particular note is the expectation that the rapid growth trend will continue in the category of digital cameras with interchangeable lenses for markets outside Japan, with shipments of 13.8 million, a year-on-year increase of 21.1%, anticipated. The total shipments of lenses for interchangeable lens digital cameras continue their marked growth in step with the expanding market for digital cameras with interchangeable lenses and the broad range of product offerings, with a forecast for 2011 of shipments of 26.4 million units, a year-on-year increase of 21.7%."