- Nikon filed a patent application in Japan for a sensor cooling fan:
The drawings appears to be of a mirrorless camera. FYI: few months Sony issued a statement about their sensor overheating during video recording in the a33 and a55 cameras.
for sale on eBay to go with your
- Interesting mod: Nikon D40 with Katzeye split prism focusing screen (sold on eBay a week ago for $258):
- Nikon dream lens? Nikkor PC-E Micro Fisheye 10.5-600mm f/4 ED VRII:
- After the four Zeiss lenses from last week, DxOMark released test data for another four Zeiss F-mount lenses:
- Nikon D3100 double lens kit now available in Korea.
- Nikon donated 2.6 million yen (around $31k) for the floods in Queensland, Australia and 2.8 million yen (around $33k) for the rain disaster in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Apple's Digital Camera RAW compatibility update 3.6 is out and addresses processing issues with Nikon D7000 and Coolpix P7000.