DSLR magazine has a whole article on the upcoming Nikon mirrorless camera. The two interesting bits of information are the expected release date (March 2011) and the statement that the "The new Nikon mirrorless system would be more professional than what's offered by other companies".
Here is a list of patents filed by Nikon that could be implemented in their mirrorless interchangeable lens camera:
- lens that can be zoomed manually and electronically
- interchangeable sensor
- rotating mount
- clever way of implementing bounce flash
- backside illumination image sensor
- a large EFV with a mirror
- camera integrated email client
- curved image sensor
- new lens mount
I think the new mirrorless camera from Nikon will be rather innovative and will probably contain some of the technologies mentioned in the patents above.