- Nikon D7000 reaches #2 at the bestsellers list on Amazon. Not surprised. Actually I am - it should be #1. Update: the D7000 is #1 in the DSLR chart.
- Update: worth mentioning here - the new retro design Fuji FinePix X-100.
- Bruce Lee shooting with a Nikon (must have Facebook account in order to see the picture).
- Another claim that the D7000 sensor is made by Sony:
"Nikon has drawn as usual and decided how they want the sensor to function, since it is also, as usual, an external sensor manufacturer based on, in this case Sony."
And to make things more interesting, according to Markus Hillebrand (Marketing Manager, Nikon Germany) the D7000 sensor is design and produced by Nikon:
"A further highlight is the 16.2 effective megapixel resolution CMOS image sensor, the Nikon According to Markus Hillebrand, Marketing Manager, Nikon Germany, has even developed and produced."
- More Nikon D7000 samples. The D7000 is listed in the consumer section of Nikon's website (D300s is in the professional section).
- Nikon P7000 hands-on from Engadget and Pocket-lint. Amazon UK says the P7000 will start shipping on September 23th.
- Nikon revamped Picturetown. One of the new features is the "PhotoMovie that allows you to combine photos, messages and music with special effects", read about the rest of the improvements here.
- Capture One 5.2 released with "improved colors and consistency on a number of Nikon cameras" and "improved tone response in ISO mode L1.0, L0.7 and L0.3 for a number of Nikon cameras".