- B&H and Adorama are now also taking pre-orders.
- High ISO 3200 samples from Chase Jarvis.
- According to Nikon Japan, the D7000 will be available on October 29, 2010.
- Dpreview wrote: "All of these pixels are packed onto a newly developed CMOS sensor, which is almost certainly the same or very similar to that in the Sony Alpha SLT-A55" - still not clear if Nikon makes its own sensors.
- More D7000 hands-on coverage at Engadget
- This is the new battery pack MB-D11 for the Nikon D7000.
- Scott Rinckenberger from the Chase Jarvis team had this to say about the D7000 (from the comments section):
"The rolling shutter is quite a bit better than we had seen in the previous cameras. There is manual exposure for shooting video.
The ISO and shutter speed can be adjusted while shooting. You need to set the aperture before entering Live View.
The microphone input has three levels of audio or auto levels, available through the menu.
ISO is awesome to 3200 and very usable above for photojournalism, weddings, live events, art, etc.
Great low light performance. Holds up for commercial to 1600-3200. Very usable for other applications at 6400. Same league as the D3 line."
- Nikon D7000 flyer now available.
- Nikon D7000 promotional video:
- Nikon D7000 hands-on video