This information is from a new source, I have no way to verify the validity of this info:
Nikkor 135mm f/2 AF-S G N VRII
- Both f/1.8 and f/2 versions prototyped
- No DC feature - apparently most of the subtlety regarding the feature in the existing can be replicated in post.
- No word what so ever of a 105mm sibling.
- Provide a significant step up in sharpness over the existing old design
Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AF-S G N VRII
- It has been tested in the field and will be released in the next couple of months. Incidentally the announced Sigma, especially the MTF caused some waves...
- 1" (25.4mm) sensor (2.7x crop)
- This will just be a concept announcement at Photokina (if at all!) - you are not getting your hands on one of these till 2011.
- Be prepared for a pleasant surprise when it comes to the image quality and the form factor!
- Previous Nikon patents indicated that the EVIL lenses have an image diameter of 17 mm.
- I could not find any MTF chars for the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM - if you can find them online, please let me know.
- Note that both rumored Nikkors will be Nano coated.
Update: here are the MTF charts for the current (AF) Nikon 85mm f/1.4 (left) and the new Sigma 85mm f/1.4 (right):
Update #2: as some of the readers already noted there is a link between the 1" sensor and 17mm lens image diameter see this table on wikipedia - a type 1" sensor has a diagonal of 16mm which should fit perfectly in the 17mm lens image diameter.