An update on my previous post on the expected Nikon lenses in 2010 - if my sources are correct we should see 6 more new lenses in 2010 (total of 8):
- Nikkor 24mm f/1.4 - already released, will ship next month (March, 2010).
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 - many reports on that lens
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 - the last rumor suggested that this lens could be delayed till 2011.
- Nikkor 100-500mm f/4-5.6 - this should be the replacement of the current 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR (there is a low chance that the replacement could still be 100-400mm instead of 100-500mm).
- Nikkor 24-120 f/4 VR lens (there is a small chance that this lens may not be with a constant f/4 aperture).
- Nikkor 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR (DX lens) - this will probably be the kit lens for the Nikon D90 replacement.
Note that this list is based on multiple tips, patents and just plain rumors I have accumulated during the past few months. I will be updating this list as we move along and I gather new information.
The bonus lens would be the AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.2G.
Update: several readers asked me about the Nikon AF Micro 200mm f/4D IF-ED and Nikon AF DC 135mm f/2.0D lenses. I have no reliable information that those two lenses will be replaced besides the fact that they have been listed as discontinued (or not available) for a long time: see this post from June 9, 2009 and this one from July 10, 2009. I also do not recall seeing any patents for similar type of lenses.