- The no-name alternative flash trigger for Nikon (covered previously here) is now available on eBay (see all available items here).
- After Amazon, B&H also listed the PocketWizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for Nikon, but no release dates yet.
- S0me rumored Nikon D4 specs I received - no idea how reliable this info is:
- Few Nikon patents applications showed up for an external storage device - see pa#20100002098 and pa#20090327371:
"The present invention relates to an external storage device that can read in and record image data stored in a camera, and to a camera that is connected to such an external storage device. An external storage device according to the present invention comprises: a read out unit that reads out management information in a camera, regarding an image file that is stored within the camera; an identification unit that identifies information on specifying device to which the image file was transmitted, based upon the management information read out by the read out unit; a selection unit that selects an image file to be received from the camera, on the basis of a result of identification by the identification unit; and a reception unit that receives the selected image file."
I am think something between the Epson P-3000 and the newly announced Canon wireless file transmitter (I did receive a rumor about a new "smart" Nikon grip).
- Nikon service in Poland must be really bad, so bad that now there is a dedicated website polishnikonservice.com created with the hope that something will change.
- Multiple reports of a weird peeling of the thread inside of the new 70-200 f/2.8 VRII lens - see the full story here. Check yours!