Bits and pieces of Nikon rumors from around the web:
- Ellis Vener made a comment on photo.net:
"More fast wide angle prime lenses are definitely in the pipeline, but I can't say more than that." (from Oct 29, 2009, 09:53 am).
If you read his first comment on this thread, Mr. Vener had the opportunity to shoot with the Nikon D3s almost right after it was released, so I would assume that he does have some insider information.
- Interesting comment on dpreview: in 2010 we should get:
- D500 (DX)
- D800 (not D700x) with 18MP (not 24MP)
- A new wide angle prime lens
- A new mid range zoom lens with VR
- A super tele zoom lens with VR (all lenses expected by February, 2010 - for details see older post)
This is pretty much nothing new (it seems that we now have a rumor consensus for all those lenses), except the 18MP sensor. Two weeks ago I received a tip that Nikon has been actively working on a 16MP full frame sensor - maybe they redesigned the 16MP chip and turned in into a 18MP?
- I got a report from the UK that people who pre-ordered the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII were asked to make a payment. Shipments should be starting soon (officially scheduled for the end of November).
- Zeiss will be releasing some new ZF lenses: "around a 180, 135 focal length (the 180 will probably be macro)"
f = 35.863, FNO = 1.45 and the lens diagram:
Not clear yet if the rumored wide angle prime will be 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.4 or maybe both?