On October 2nd, 2009 there was an online photo fair that took place in Germany. The fair included also a presentation by Peter Giesen from Nikon. He talked about flashes, wireless lighting, Capture NX 2, lens technology, accessories, etc. Here is a brief description of the Q&A session that took place at the end of his presentation:
- On the question "will there be a 28-300 lens for FX cameras" he answered that at the moment this was beyond his knowledge
- On the question "will Nikon bring more than 12 MP on a DX sensor" he answered indirectly by pointing the disadvantages of a bigger sensor (noise, etc.)
- On the question whether there will be a 24-70 VR II lens soon, he said that he didn't know because no one would tell him before new products were released
- When asked about the successor of the D3 he dodged the question by going to the next one
- The only question he gave a definitive answer was about the D700 successor: "the D700 has been introduced only last year, and we won't have a successor in the near future"
This is a short video of the Q&A session in German language (I had to cut a portion of the screen for privacy reasons):
Thanks to the reader who sent me the translation and the video.