UPDATE: this just in - Nikon Camera Profit Likely to Beat Forecast: "Mid- to high-end models of single-lens-reflex cameras are selling more than the company expected".
- Lomography Diana F adaptor for Nikon SLR was announced this week - now you can use this cheap $40 fish eye lens (20mm) on you Nikon (D)SLR.
- Ebay madness: Nikon 300/2 ED for US $14,400.00
- Nikon Coolpix S1000pj 12.1MP digital camera with built-in projector and 5x wide angle optical vibration reduction (VR) zoom is now available. The previous rumor about a delay is now busted (source was Engadget).
- Canon is raising prices by 10% starting October 1st. Hopefully Nikon will pass this time, but it seems that Nikon D700 already got a price increase. For the latest Nikon prices, check the Nikon price watch section.
- Nikon completed the acquisition of Metris - interesting what will come out of this acquisition in terms of consumer products:
"Metris designs, develops and markets a unique range of 3D hardware and software inspection systems servicing design and manufacturing industries. The company's reliable and innovative metrology solutions cover the full range of measurement volumes required by automotive and aerospace customers, in both fixed and portable configurations and with optical and touch sensors."
- Nikon is very aggressive in India.
- Come on - this is funny: Nikon D4 unboxing
- Tethering from your Nikon to your Linux PC
- What is that? A digital Nikon F401... Here is the description: "A cinema-photography student from Turkey is selling his hand-made Nikon F401 with a digital back and a Russian lens attached on it." Yours for the equivalent of US$ 160:
- I changed the color scheme of the site: the posts text now is not 100% white and the comments are black text on gray background (100% white background would be too bright). The idea is that my posts are short and you still have the option to view them on a white background via the RSS link on the right. Now everybody should be happy, I hope
It was a busy weekend - make sure you scroll down for the good stuff on the upcoming Nikon announcement.