Thank you for purchasing your new Nikon D3/D3X camera. In appreciation, and at no charge to you, Nikon Canada Inc. (“Nikon”) offers an initial Service Program (the “Service Program”) described below for your new Nikon D3/D3X.
• Unlimited preventative maintenance cleanings – Image Sensor Cleaning
• Two comprehensive check-ups and cleanings; one in the first year of ownership and one in the second
• Routine adjustments as necessary resulting from normal usage, excluding cosmetic “wear and tear”
• Firmware updates that may be available from time to time from Nikon
Commencement and Initial Service Period: This Service Program is effective as of March 30, 2009 on all new D3/D3X cameras purchased from an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer and is applicable for an initial period of two years from the date of original purchase. Also, D3/D3X cameras purchased new from an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer prior to March 30, 2009, are automatically covered, starting March 30, 2009, until two years after the date of original purchase or until March 30, 2010, whichever period is greater.
Cost: There is no fee payable to Nikon for Services during the applicable initial service period under this Service Program. You have the option, exercisable by submitting a written application form before the expiry of the applicable initial service period (but not after expiry) to extend the Service Program for an additional year, at a cost of $300.00, plus applicable GST / PST / QST / HST. An application form for an Extended Service Contract is available by contacting the Service Department at a Nikon office listed below.
Shipping: To receive the Services, you must deliver your D3/D3X to one of Nikon’s three service depots listed below together with a photocopy of the original bill of sale. Unless contrary to applicable law, freight and insurance charges to these locations are your sole responsibility and so is risk of loss, damage or theft during shipment to Nikon. The return shipment, to the address you provide, will be by a means determined at Nikon’s sole discretion and will be paid by Nikon. Nikon will only ship the return shipment to an address within Canada. Any replaced parts become the property of Nikon and will not be returned.
Conditions: The following conditions and restrictions apply except where they may be contrary to applicable law:
• the Services do not cover repairs or adjustment required due to damage caused by:
• accident, misuse or neglect (including impact, water/sand/dust damage and battery leakage),
• unauthorized repair, or
• damage caused by lenses and accessories not supplied by Nikon;
• this Service Program is not transferable;
• this Service Program is valid only in Canada to Canadian residents, and is available only on new products imported by Nikon and sold as new by an Authorized Nikon Canadian Dealer; and
• used, refurbished and demo models are not eligible.
SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE LAW TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT WILL NIKON BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SERVICE PROGRAM, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF NIKON HAS BEEN ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT OF NIKON’S FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY PERFORM THE SERVICES, INCLUDING DUE
TO ITS NEGLIGENCE, NIKON’S SOLE OBLIGATION, AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IS FOR NIKON TO RE-PERFORM THE APPLICABLE SERVICE.
Nikon recommends that any data stored in the camera or in a storage device be backed-up by you before sending your camera to Nikon.
Nikon is not responsible for loss of or damage to such data.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, this Service Program is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada.
You may have greater rights under the laws of your jurisdiction. Where any term of this Service Program is restricted or prohibited by such laws, such term will be null and void, but the remainder of the terms of this Service Program will remain in effect.