- Nikon captured the #1 share position in compact digital cameras unit sales in December 2008 (source). In the same article (quote from Nikon's UK general manager Simon Coleman in an interview at PMA): "Nikon plans to launch new DSLRs later this year", so we are expecting more than one DSLR despite the economic situation.
- Nikon UK camera gear sales have soared 23% in the past year (source).
- Tamron to raise prices on March 20th: 5%-11%.
- Another free Nikon camera control software and another one for bracketing plus instructional video.
- Bluetooth GPS for Nikon Cameras (source):
- Another new GPS product: di-GPS Pro L - it comes now with 8MB built-in logger. The logger allows you to log your trip and see it on your computer (google earth, for instance). In addition it power consumption reduced from ~50-60mA to ~36mA):