A reader posted this link in one of the comments:
From NPD Group, the Top 5 Ranked Digital SLR on Unit Volume for September 2008:
1. Canon EOS Rebel XSi 12.2MP SDHC/MMC 3" LCD Pictbridge w/18-55mm Lens
2. Nikon D40 6.1 MP w/18-55mm Lens SLR Kit
3. Nikon D60 10.2MP SD/SDHC 2.5" LCD USB 2.0 w/18-55mm Lens
4. Nikon D90 12.3MP SDHC 3"LCD USB 2.0 w/18-105mm Lens
5. Sony DSLR-A300K 10.2MP 2.7" LCD USB 2.0 w/18-70mm Lens
What is better: to have the top selling camera, or to have three cameras in the top 5?