- I am still getting reports that there was a Nikon press conference in France on Sept 3rd. Anyone?
- "Nikon UK is pleased to announce the versatile Zoom-Nikkor AF-S DX VRIII IF-ED 18-165mm f/3.5-8G" - what is this all about? VRIII?
- A rumor came from Germany that the next D3s will be called D4 (the Germans are always right). Could this be the reason why the French web site changed their pre-order from D3x to D4? I cannot confirm anything yet (no reliable sources). If you remember Thom Hogan also predicted that the next D3 will not be called D3x.
- PhaseOne is offering an incredible deal (in terms of value, not in terms of price):
Is this their reaction to Otoji - trying to get some last moment market share?
- Nikon D90 (kit) should start shipping next week. Get yours here.
- B&H is buying Google ads for Nikon D4 (link). I think this is standard practice of the big retailers - we reported something similar here. You can search for D800, D900 and any other weird future model and you will still get Amazon or somebody else buying those ads. Still, a thought-provoking development.
- Interesting observation from a reader (thanks SN):
"When I saw your latest heads-up on the 85, 50 & 70-200, I googled on
"nikon AF-S 50mm 1.4 G"
The TOP link came back from Nikon USA as a php template page not
Things that make you go hmmmmm...
Never saw that one before on a lens or camera link from Nikon (or
anyone else)... never saw that on google before for anything, for
that matter. That's their flavor of 'dead letter office' parking page
that you get from webs that provide them when one directly enters a
bad URL on a website...
May be that Nikon had a trial page up, but the Google link that got
established by their bots now hits a dead end.