Update: the date for the new Nikon p&s cameras is August 7th, 6AM Central European Time (CET) according to our source.
This just in regarding the rumored announcement this Wednesday (continuation of our previous post):
- The new p&s will be all S series
- Nothing was mentioned about DSLR and/or lenses for now.
- All four p&s cameras are metal bodied, aluminum, except stainless steel for the "top one".
- Processor is EXPEED for all of them.
- A first for Nikon (not for Panny): auto scene recognition. And of course face detection, etc.
- Nothing said about RAW.... or video.
- I suppose 12 f.p.s. will be at lower resolutions (nothing said).
- The two second level twins (LAN, no LAN) are 3.200 ISO labeled.
- No info was available about the "low end" model (metal body too).
- Design is Ok, but nothing fancy.
NikonRumors is 99% sure that the above information is accurate.