Mid range D-SLR camera from Nikon featuring a 12,1 megapixel full frame sensor.
These specs has been on the internet for a few weeks. On july 1st Nikon will have a press release on something - possibly this:
Nikon has again proved capable of playing the big game. The new D700 is a "hybrid" of D300 and D3 - and available after only 6 months with the latter.
The D700 features:
- 36x23,9mm CMOS sensor FX format 12,1mp effective
- RGB Color filter array, build in low pass filter
- EXPEED processor, 14-bit
- NEF, NEF+jpeg, TIFF, Jpeg file formats
- Auto crop when using DX lenses. All other lenses usable.
- 51 point AF, 15 cross type sensors
- Live view mode
- Colormatrix II metering modes
- ISO 100 - 25600
- CF card slot FAT32
- Accu and grip same as MB-D10 (from D300)
We will add pictures and final price soon - but we are accepting orders.